Thursday, December 2, 2010

Tweed Coats and a Hair Cut




 Coat: Vintage 1960s, Thrifted
Blouse + Bow: Thrfited
Culottes: Glassons (on sale)
Shoes: Thrifted

I wasn't going to share these pictures at first. I thought they took away from the summer feel of my previous
pictures. Spring also has drizzly overcast days though and I have acquired an insane amount of beautiful coats these past few months. I thought I may as well take the opportunity to show you one before the heat kills me.
I have been dressing so simply lately- hair down with dresses and boots - that I found myself a bit overwhelmed with all this layering,  fuss and having my hair up that I went home a bit early on date night to change.

This coat was one of those finds at a thrift store that you protect like it is your child. I don't know about you, but I often worry when I find something really beautiful that it will be the one day someone steals it out of my cart while I'm in the changing rooms. That didn't happen of course and I can now add it to about 15 wonderful coats (and one cape) I have found in the thrift stores since America. It makes me even more excited for fall than I already am knowing that I have stock waiting to be sold that I am in love with. The Alexa Chung look of it is an extra plus too!

The shoes were a recent find too at a church thrift store that not too many people know about. I have been so drawn towards things that look almost royal lately. These along with a fur collar coat I found remind me also of 'A Little Princess' and so although they are a little small for me I will suffer for them!

I forgot to mention in my last post that I got a hair cut. Not that a fringe and dye job is drastic, but I thought I would show you all a quick shot of it anyway! (sorry for the weird facial expression I'm no good at this mirror photo buisiness)

28 comments:

  1. Lovely!

    I also miss fall, even though summer barely started. There's nothing quite like layering and snuggling in coats and sweaters.

    Hope you had a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i can't begin to say how wonderful this is, this post is very inspirational to me.
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. that's a very beautiful coat.
    you kind of look like zooey deschanel!

    xx Kenny

    ReplyDelete
  4. That coat is gorgeous. I really like your blog, Following x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely outfit. The shoes remind me of something and eighteenth century King would wear, so awesome! And your hair looks tres pretty, you look very much like Zooey Deschanel.

    Have a wonderful weekend my dear :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree that you look like Zooey Deschanel. And I also think you should give me your blouse. It's so gorgeous! Especially with the black ribbon x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I also think you have a touch of Miss Deschanel - lucky you! Lovely, lovely outfit - the princessy shoes are just gorgeous.

    Sally x

    ReplyDelete
  8. i am soo the same way when i'm thrift shopping. i've had entire shopping carts nabbed from right beside my changing room door and it's the WORST. honestly, i get so riled up and competitive sometimes when i'm thrifting that i try to go alone so that i don't alienate friends by being thrift-bitchy. hahah.

    ReplyDelete
  9. love the coat and the new look really suits you - i agree with the above, you do look like zooey deschanel! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree... VERY zooey deschanel! Great shot!
    - Catherine at The Spring (www.thespringblog.com)

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's such a lovely coat! Thrift shops are some of the best places for coats, I found the most perfect camel duffle coat the other day! You're ever so pretty, I love your new look! :)


    x

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh my gosh...that jacket is to DIE for!!!!! love the back!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. such a great look and love this shirt xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. wow, i love your outfit. it's lovely! Especially your coat!
    Nice blog!
    Nat xoxo
    www.fashionista-nat.blogspot.com
    following you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOVE this! I'm going to jump on the bandwagon and agree with everyone before me - you are indeed looking very Zooey Deschanel-ish :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. It is amazing . . . that haircut does make you suddenly look like Zooey Deschanel! This outfit is absolutely adorable. Also, that coat!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. your hair looks so, so lovely! and i wouldn't let that coat out of my site, it's perfect

    ps, i'm having a christmas jumper giveaway (:

    ReplyDelete
  18. You look amazing ! I love that jacket <3 and you're blog is really beautiful and fun !

    ReplyDelete
  19. This outfit is so amazing! I love your blog. and you do really look like zooey, but I guess you hear that a lot. Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  20. You're hair looks fantastic! I so love "The Little Princess"! Whenever I watch the movie I feel so nostalgic.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I definitely agree - you do look very like Zooey Deschanel - is that starting to get annoying yet? great outfit as well.

    Come enter the Licentiate giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Eeek, that coat is wonderful! As is the whole outfit, and I don't think it's fussy at all!

    ReplyDelete
  23. you look so cute! I must agree too, you do look a lot like Zooey.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Amazing coat, what a find! The perfect shape and texture, plus I love the shoes too! I reall want to thrift a coat but not sure if i have the patience...

    ReplyDelete
  25. you look so gorgeous here! a bit like zooey deschanel actually :)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Gorgeous coat!

    Happy New Year
    xoxo

    http://lintonfromlondon.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  27. Lovely Coats, also your entire outfits suits with the coats, it look like a white lab coats. I also agree, you look like zooey deschanel! Is it really you?

    ReplyDelete